Dec 7, 2018, 16:40 PM
Boiling Springs, PA
Director of South Mountain Partnership
Position Summary: The South Mountain Partnership/Appalachian Trail Conservancy seeks a student communications intern to fill a part-time (10 hours per week) position from February 2019 – December 2019 that will assist the Director, Leadership Committee, and working Subcommittee to implement the South Mountain Partnership Communication Plan. This position will be offered a stipend for the completion of work throughout the year.
- Provide insight and recommendations for updating South Mountain Partnership newsletter, website, newsletter, social media, and other communications activities;
- Draft and distributing press releases, newsletter articles, and pieces about the South Mountain landscape, the Partnership, and partner organizations;
- Recommend and/or enhance the 'Around South Mountain' newsletter and event promotion (graphically and/or print);
- Create media kit;
- Secure speaking opportunities with strategically selected regional media outlets and organizations;
- Create compelling content that will be shared on South Mountain Partnership’s media, increase the number of followers and newsletter recipients, and use social media to promote our involvement in the community and cross-promote the work of our partners;
- Secure opportunities to include our content in partner's communication platforms and coordinate with partner communications campaigns;
- Schedule and post content through online programs including Hootsuite;
- Measure, report, and track responses;
- Website updates;
- Other related duties
- Junior or senior status, college graduate, or other combination of experience
- Strong writing, reporting and interviewing skills and be curious about the activities the South Mountain Partnership and its partners
- Dependable, flexible, organized, with the ability to work individually and on self-driven projects
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and possess solid oral and written grammar communication skills
- Desire to learn and contribute
- Must have, at the very least, completed a 200-level writing course and be familiar with social media platforms
- Courses in advanced writing and editing, photography, video and digital media desirable.
- Experience with photo editing and publication layout software (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) preferred
- Candidates who are contacted for an interview should be prepared to submit two current writing samples.
Working on the computer for prolonged periods
Ability to communicate with individuals by phone, e-mail, and in person
Sitting for prolonged periods
Location: Work from home and/or shared/open office environment with high noise level
- Work from home and/or shared and open office environment with high noise levels
Please send all resumes to Katie Hess at [email protected]
Applications due January 25, 2019.
The South Mountain Partnership is a network of conservation and preservation organizations from the agricultural, cultural/historical, natural, and recreational fields, established to encourage collective strategic investment and actions around sustainability, conservation, community revitalization, and recreational projects in the South Mountain landscape located in southcentral Pennsylvania. Launched in 2006, we are a public-private partnership between the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources and the Appalachian Trail Conservancy, South Mountain Partnership brings people together across political and sectorial boundaries to highlight the importance of the landscape and take action to secure its future. We help citizens, businesses, non-profits, academic institutions, as well as local, state, and federal government agencies and officials to collaborate and secure a more sustainable future for the area.
ATC Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
ATC encourages collaboration, flexibility, and fairness with all employees and volunteers
to enable participation and contributions to their fullest potential. We are committed to
being a diverse and inclusive organization, and recognize that diversity contributes to an
effective and successful organizational culture and mission. The ATC prohibits discrimination
in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity
and/or expression), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, genetic
information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military
service, political affiliation, union membership, or any other status protected by the laws and
regulations in the locations where we operate.
Position Type :
Careers - Internship